Sunday, November 17, 2013

A Little Teal Jacket

So my friend and I did an interactive museum tour (aka window shopping) at the Chanel Boutique at South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa. Just out of curiosity, I test drove a teal coloured coat from the latest fall RTW runway show. I remember seeing on runway pictures and thought it was somewhat fugly... but walking by it in person, the coat and colour was gorgeous and made me look twice or more!

The Details: double breasted; boxy shaped; in a teal wool trimmed with mint-coloured Lesage (according to the SA) silk pleats/folds; convertible collar; bottom peek-a-boo panels can be unbuttoned and released down to complete coat hem; large buttons are handmade global-motifed

Price: exorbitant

Here's how it looked on the runway during Paris Fashion week, but in a dress version:



iPhone Screen shot from Style.com

Here's how it looked in store on display:




And here is how it looked on moi in a sz 36, which was a bit big on me (please nevermind my streetwear):



The Consensus: If I were to rewrite an 80's Billy Ocean tune, the lyrics would have to go "Get out of my dreams, get into my closet!"  Hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment