Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Daydreaming of CL's from Ban Island..

Ban Island is the place tPFers (ie the Purse Forum community) endearingly place themselves when they abstain from shopping, collecting, retail therapy, procuring...  It can be torture or it can be therapeutic.

I've placed myself temporarily here because... 1) I had some great summer finds, 2) I am currently quasi-content with my wardrobe, and 3) I have upcoming trips to California, Thailand, Laos, and Mexico. All within the next 8 months. So there isn't much for clothes I would yearn for when we shop in San Diego & LA in November...with the exception of another crack at a Louboutin boutique- either on Robertson Blvd or South Coast Plaza. November is my birthday month, after all :) My last visit to a CL store, in Paris, earlier this year was totally bunk due to third trimester swollen feet. An elephant in stilettos would have better described that scene.

So I looked up what's new at Loubi World and it looks like there's a Nude Collection introduced with 5 styles available in 5 shades. Well, it's about time! Earlier this summer I recall asking the sales associate at Holt Renfrew if anyone made a nude shade that would work for me. This was while I had a pile of "nude" shoes I had just tried on by Blahnik, YSL, Choo, CL, and Givenchy in front of me. As Mr Louboutin says on his website, "The shoes disappear like magic and become a fluid extension of the woman's legs, as in a sketch, elongating the silhouette."  Well, that won't happen with blush-coloured shoes on tanned asian skin. Maybe I'd have better luck with this new collection. There is even an app to "help discover your shade" that you can download.

Here's a peek at what the online store has available from the Nude Collection:

Pigalles in 5 shades, $625 USD
Photo: christianloubtin.com


Since I was there, I did find some other pairs to lust after:

A lovely Pigalle 100 mm in Iris patent (I don't have purple shoes!), $625 USD
Photo: christianloubtin.com
 And this is most certainly an "in-my-dreams-only-but-I-would-rather-buy-an-Hermès-bag" pair:

Decollette 554 Strass, $3395 USD
From: christianlouboutin.com


P.S. Christainlouboutin.com does ship to Canada.. $45 shipping, and approximately $145 in duties & taxes on their basic single-soled styles/leathers (Pigalle, Decolletes, Simple, Ron Ron, Fifi, etc)

No comments:

Post a Comment