Friday, August 2, 2013

Fashionista-friendly city guides

Well, I already have a back-log of summer reading since my baby came a few weeks early. Now I am adding a couple more titles to my list once I get through those other books.

Photo: Illustration by Caroline Andrieu
via Style.com

French Vogue contributor, Carole Sabas, has penned a few books (so far) as a fashion insider's guide to New York, Paris, Miami, and Los Angeles. I personally love LA however I've heard some visitors express their dislike for the City of Angels. Sabas outlines a day in LA for this Style.com feature which I think provides the reader more ideas for activities than visiting Beverly Hills and Disneyland. The funnest things I've ever done is take a rental car and zip along windy Mulholland Drive in the Hollywood Hills. You pass by Runyan Canyon and the views are amazing. And just for kicks, I looked at open houses in Brentwood and stumbled upon a neighborhood fair. That was a blast- and that was all while exploring solo.

The point is, it's always great to move off the beaten tourist paths and find gems of boutiques, eateries, and attractions. Out of the three cities, Miami is the one city that's still on my to-go list.. and a layover at the airport probably does not count! :)


Photo: Courtesy of Abrams Books
via Style.com



No comments:

Post a Comment