- Botkier Adele Satchel
- Rebecca Minkoff Swing Bag
- Kate Spade Mercer Island Sloan Tote
- Lederer convertible bag (basically a twin to the Hermes Kelly)
- Alexander Wang Emile Tote
- Alexander Wang Prisma Tote
- Gucci Vintage Web Boston All-Leather Tote (not the canvas monogram variety)
- Pre-Owned Louis Vuitton Sevigne GM satchel
- Pre-Owned Hermes Herbag
- Pre-Owned Chanel Cerf Tote
- Tod's D-Styling tote
- Miu Miu Patented Accordion Tote
- Pre-Owned Hermes Massai Bag
- Brand New Chanel Cerf Tote
- Pre-Owned LV Mahina Stella PM
- Pre-Owned LV Sofia Coppola SC Bag
As you can probably tell, with such an eclectic not so short "short list"... I had no clue want I wanted. Then with the help of my dear friends, I had an epiphany and realised that:
1) Buying a contemporary bag will not fulfill me
2) Did I seriously look at LV's?
3) It was pointed out to me that some of my choices were gloomy and depressing- a bit of post partum hormones influencing, maybe?
and 4) I do prefer things that are timeless and classic- things that I will still love in 10 years time.
So that is how the Chanel Cerf Tote won.. and at this time while I am on mat leave the price of a new one from a boutique could not be justified (Sorry, Aleshia!). I also needed to replace an old black Coach Tote purchased from NYC a decade ago, long before Coach came north of the border. As well, I love its understated elegance - not depressing at all. We'll grow old well together, I think!
It came along on an outing where we took some relatives sight-seeing... so as tourists do, we take photos! :)