Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sunday sewing project

Final product coming soon...
Today I pulled out a pink Marc Jacobs trench coat from my closet. I got it years ago and it has been collecting record-breaking hanger time. That's probably because it is knee length on a normal person so on my petite frame, I can only wear it with heels. In flats, I was the dwarf going out to rob a bank. I thought of selling it since it's in perfect condition, but I thought maybe I can tinker with my own alterations.

Being the risk taker today, I hacked off 9" off the hem to make it a mid-thigh length on me. I even copied the best I can the detailing on the original hem. It is only 3/4 of the way done because I did not have pink thread- silly me. I did the mock up with different coloured thread but so far so good. I will have to run to Fabricland another day to find the correct colour. For now I'll leave you with a "before" shot.. lets cross our fingers and hope the "after" works out! If it works out, then the Burberry trench wish can wait a few more years. ;)






1 comment:

  1. You go girl! ...*sigh* I've also always wanted a Burberry trenchcoat...

    ReplyDelete