Friday, October 25, 2013

Ek Thongprasert: bold statement necklaces

EK x NG K + S Necklace
Limited edition, $ ??
Photo: modaoperandi.com


EK Thongprasert Edison Necklace
$325, Modaoperandi trunk show
Photo: modaoperandi.com
This spring, I mentioned Natasha Goldenberg and her wicked accessories in a fantasy getaway post to Monaco. Since then I was stumped on who made that cool red link necklace she was wearing. I had leads that maybe it was Miu Miu? Nope. Marni? Nope. During my search I found that designers like Kenneth Jay Lane and David Yurman as well as chain brands like JCrew, Banana Republic, Express and Charlotte Russe also offer giant linked necklaces. But still nope.

Silly me, the answer was on her Instagram all along! The necklace is by Ek Thongprasert in a limited edition collection with NG. It may be hard to find now as the trunk show was long ago. Nevertheless, there are plenty of other really cool silicone and cut glass necklaces made in intricate, conceptual designs. Never heard of Ek Thongprasert? Neither had I. I've learned the line is actually a collaboration between Thai fashion designer EK Thongprasert and jewellery designer Noon Passama. They are now based in Antwerp. The necklaces and bracelets are colourful yet timeless.

Statement necklaces have cyclically come and gone in trends and I never was convinced enough to adorn a huge piece before. The biggest necklace ever I wore was the Gerard Darel pearls for my Greek wedding, gifted to me from my stylist KK. And even that took a bit of convincing. However, from what I see so far by the EK Thongprasert line, the colours and designs transcends trends. I may need one of these in my life.

Prices seems to range from $300 - $1000+

Stockists include:

Modaoperandi.com
Luisaviaroma.com
Jewelsthatrock.com

EK Thongprasert Automobile Necklace
$500 USD, Luisaviaroma.com

Photo: jewelsthatrock.com

EK Thongprasert silicone & cut glass necklace
$575 USD, sold out at Luisaviaroma.com
Photo: ek-thongprasert.fashionstylist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment