Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Maternity jeans - my new best friend(s)

COH Avedon skinny mat jeans
Avail at NAP for $122 on sale
After a almost a month of wearing my pantalons undone, I had to cave in or face the prospect of 4 more months of not being able to wear jeans. Well, ones that stayed up anyhow. I do have a denim addiction- it would be a bad mix of hormones and withdrawal. Absolute crisis! I had to entertain the idea of maternity jeans.

I swore that I would not buy maternity clothes... but when I tried on these funny-looking jeans with big belly panels, I was impressed. So comfortable and no more belly stabbing by hardware! And they look unbelievably normal below the panel. I retract my oath. Being the thrifty shopper, I found that Net-A-Porter was having a sale that included a few maternity styles by Citizens of Humanity. I decided on the COH Ava straight legs in size 27 (they do tell you to go up a couple sizes) and there was one size, 24, left of the COH Avedon black skinnies (with a sale, I can gamble, right?)

I ordered online on late Saturday night and voilà, they arrived on our doorstep at 6 pm today- a mere 2 business days later. Did I tell you I love NAP?!?  Both fit, both pass all the denim try-on tests, and I love them. I've already warned dear hubby to never mind me if I wear the same pants every day until the spring... :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you finally bought some. No reason we have to be like our mothers and grandmothers and wear those big tent outfits that they used to have, right? Mat fashion has come a long way. I'll be interested to see if you write more entries on maternity fashion - or fashion after baby.

    I'm determined to still make an effort (or even a little more of an effort) to still wear actual day clothes and do my hair and makeup (almost) everytime I go out. I don't want to be one of those moms who look ragged and their kids look fashionable and adorable.

    I'm glad you love your new jeans :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it'll be some effort, but its something you deserve to do for yourself- staying presentable. My dear mother already bought me maternity shirts just to be helpful, but they make me feel bigger wearing them. Tent outfits can be done right!

    ReplyDelete